Alright, I thought I'd give everyone a few tips on how to get Qmiles FAST so that you can get that free ticket to that place you oh-so-wanted to go to.
1) Get a QNB Privelage Credit Card. Yes yes I know. I try to stay away from credit cards myself but in this case they're worth it. If you get a platinum card you get around 1 qmile for ever 6 QR you spend. Simply use the the credit card to pay for things and then use your online banking to pay off the credit card the same day. Yes the SAME DAY. Don't let your debt build up!
2) You're with Qtel right? Of course you are (for now anyway until the competition roles in). Link your Qatar Airways privelage card to your Qtel account and you'll get
Between QAR 200 and QAR 500 1 Qmile for every QAR 8
Between QAR 501 and QAR 1,000 1 Qmile for every QAR 6
More than QAR 1,001 1 Qmile for every QAR 4
Just dial 114 to register.
But that's not all. Pay your bills with that QNB Privelage Credit card and that's even MORE Qmiles.
3) Shop at Modern Home? (It's called 51 East now by the way). You'll get 1Qmile for every 5 QR you spend there
4) Duty free. I know, you like to buy stuff at the airports, but do you know you can get the SAME prices on the airplane (if not better)? Hold off on the shopping in the airport and buy on the airplane and get 2 Qmiles for every $1 (and even MORE on certain products). ($1 = around 3.7QR)
5) Don't use Qatar Airways that much? You can get your Qmiles from any of these airlines too. Ana, Asiana, BMI, Kingfisher, Lufthansa, MEA, United Airlines, US Air, and Virgin.
6) Hotel time. You're going to use one sooner or later. If it's worth the price of course. Check the QA website!
Hope that helps you out guys! I know you might think (screw the Qmiles) but trust me, you'll be happy you have them.
Go get a Qmiles card. http://www.qatarairways.com