I know there is a lot of conflicting info on this subject, but just got this from the Qatar Embassy Website in London. I have also spoken to them today and they advised that the tourist visa you can get online here from Hukoomi, you will no longer be able to do this from the 1st May.
From Qatar Embassy website in the UK, www.qatarembassy.info
Embassy advised that on the website here (Hokoomi Govt Qatar), you will no longer be able to buy a visa and the details below apply even if the person is visiting a relative here.
- Visas upon arrival:
From the 1st of May 2010 NO visas will be issued upon arrival, all
passengers (all nationalities) wish to visit Qatar should have a visa in advance.
- Business visa:
All passengers wishing to travel for business meeting, consultation,
conferences, should contact their sponsor (company branch, conference
organizers) who would be responsible for arranging the required visas through
the Qatari Ministry of Interior. This visa can't be issued from the embassy.
- Transit visas:
Visa is not required if you don't leave the transit area at Qatar international
airport, alternatively you have to have a valid visa.
- Tourist Visa Requirements:
Please Note that since the 15th of February 2010 all applicants who wish to
apply for the Qatari visa should be:
1- UK passport holder
2- EU Nationals who are resident in the United Kingdom (proof of residency
3- Other nationals should have a UK work permit or a minimum leave to remain
in the United Kingdom of one year.
(Please note that the Embassy of the State of Qatar will not process
applications for those who are staying in the United Kingdom on, tourist, visit,
and other short stay visas).
You will be required to submit the following:
1. Two original photos (passport size) one attached to the form and the other
2. Visa application form to be completed online and then print it and sign it.
3. Original passport valid for not less than six months from the date of travel and
has at least one blank page.
4. Last three months bank statements (original) which must show name,
address of the applicant and at least 850 pounds in the account.
5. Fees are payable only in postal order only made payable to the Embassy of
the State of Qatar only.
6. Registered or recorded self-addressed envelope must be supplied for any
applications made by post to enable the Visa Section to return the passport.
The Embassy will not be responsible for any loss of passport by post.
7. Photocopy of the following: bank statement, first page of the passport,
residency in the UK.
Fees for tourist visa are payable only by postal order or a company
- Single entry for all nationalities for one month stay: £ 20
- Multiple entries for British Passport holders only, each stay is one month only
Six months multi £ 85
Two years multi £ 270
Five years multi £ 500
- One to five years multi - Irish passport only: £ 300
• Travel documents or temporary passports are not accepted.
• To process a visa, allow at least five working days (we advise to obtain
the visa before you plan your journey).
• Fees for rejected or withdrawn visa applications are non-refundable.
• The Consular Section is not obliged to give any explanation for not
issuing a visa (refused visas).
Consulate opening hours:
10.00 AM - 1.00 PM Monday to Friday